Intro to Defensive Handgun Course
This course is a 4 hour course that includes but is not limited to: grip, stance, trigger control, draws, hard front site, hard target focus, point shooting, reloading (administrative, emergency, tactical, and retention), barricades, movement and multiple targets.
If you have your permit to carry and/or you’re looking to take your handgun skills to the next level, this class is for you. Developing your defensive handgun skills are a necessity to protect yourself and your family. Ensure that you’re doing it safely and efficiently by taking this course.
This course is a 6 hour course that includes but is not limited to: grip, stance, trigger control, draws, hard front site, hard target focus, point shooting, reloading (administrative, emergency, tactical, and retention), barricades, movement and multiple targets. This course is all range time (no classroom). We typically host the course at the Redwood Falls Sportsmen’s Club located on the West side of Redwood Falls, Minnesota. This is an outdoor range, please dress accordingly for the weather.
- Defensive handgun (.22 and magnum calibers are discouraged)
- Quality holster – either outside the waistband or inside the waistband is acceptable.
- Cover/concealment garment – jacket, vest, etc
- 300 rounds of ammunition
- Minimum of 2 magazines – 3 or more are strongly encouraged
- Eye & ear protection
This course is not for beginner shooters. Practice in the safe use of a pistol is required. If you are unsure whether you are qualified to take the course, please contact Marcel at 320-522-2099 or Heather at 701-388-8659.
Fees & Registration
Cost of the course: $75
A $20 non-refundable deposit is required to hold your place. The remainder is due the day of the course.
- Add this course to your shopping cart and complete your deposit by checking out
- Or text or call Heather at 701-388-8659 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and stop by the store during our regular hours to complete your deposit.
Click the image below to learn more about your instructor.