How do you know if this class is for you?
- If you have kids who hunt or like to shoot but never grew up shooting guns, this is the class for you.
- If you’ve been wanting to learn more about firearms and are looking for more formal training than having your buddy take you to the range (not that that’s bad), this is the place to be.
- If your significant other is really in to firearms but you don’t know much about them, this is a great place to start getting familiar with guns!
- If you want to take the MN Permit to Carry class but want to become more proficient and comfortable around guns before you take the class, this is for you.
- If you’re concerned for your safety or the safety of others in your household, this is the class for you.
This class focuses on the fundamentals of handling long guns (rifles and shotguns) and handguns (semi-autos and revolvers). We go over the parts of a gun, manipulation of a firearm, safety, basic grip, stance, sight alignment, sight picture, trigger control and more. There are both classroom and range elements for this course.
We’ll spend the first half of the class going in the classroom talking about safety, parts of a gun, handling firearms without ammo (dry practice), and more. We will likely break for lunch after the classroom portion. There’s a local bar nearby that serves burgers, chicken sandwiches, wings, etc if you’d like to order lunch. Otherwise, there is a full kitchen available if you’d like to bring your own as well. Then, we’ll head to the range to shoot a variety of calibers and platforms. Students are not required to shoot all firearms. We’re not here to force you to do something you don’t want to do, however, the opportunity will be there for you to experience a variety of firearms if you so choose.
What You’ll Need
You are not required to bring anything for this course. All materials (firearms, ammunition, ear protection, etc) will be provided. However, if you’d like to become more familiar with a firearm in your home, please bring it along and either purchase ammo at the store for it or bring ammo along as well. If you have your own eye and ear protection, please bring that along.
Cost: $150 per student
Private classes for parties of 4 or more!
Have a group of girlfriends, relatives or both that want to take the courses with you but these dates don’t work? Book a private class for no additional charge when you have 4 or more students!!