It was a great night at the for an intro/warm up night at the Redwood Falls Sportsmen’s Club! About 15 of us gathered to shake the rust off from the winter along with about 10 newbies! A big ole welcome to the new-to-defensive-pistol shooters from last night! Glad to see you there!
For the record, these scores don’t count for 2022 league. The first night official night of league is coming up on Tuesday, May 3rd. It’s supposed to be 56° – which is better than a kick in the pants or the horrible wind we’ve been dealing with.
Come Join Us – Upcoming Dates
Here are the dates to add to your calendar to come hang out and shoot Defensive Pistol! It’s great practice and really freakin fun. 🙂
- May 3rd, 2022
- May 17
- May 31
- June 14
- June 28
- July 12
- July 26
- Aug 9
- Aug 23
- Sept 6
- There will be three stages per night so you’ll need about 60 rounds or less for each night.
- Cost is $10 per night or $80 for the whole league
- Any “defensive” pistol allowed
- No magnified optics
- Outside the waistband holster required
- See below for equipment list and other safety requirements.
New for 2022 – We’re not all JT Morin 🙂
This year we’re going to start divisions for men, women, juniors and seniors. Everyone will still shoot together (so this still totally counts for date night) but when scoring, you’ll be placed in your respective division for rankings, you know, so we don’t all have to compete with JT.
Defensive Pistol League Apparel
As mentioned last night, if you’re interested in getting in on this first order, please order by the end of the day on Wednesday, May 4th. We’ll submit the order then on the 5th. We will do a second order once we get a little further into the season.
To order, add what you’d like to your cart here on the RVAA website and go through the checkout process. It will have you pay for your item at the time of checkout. Once the orders come in, we will bring them to league night for distribution. These items will not be shipped to you individually unless you choose to pay for shipping.
- Treat every firearm as if it’s always loaded.
- Never point the muzzle at anything you don’t intend to destroy.
- Keep your finger off the trigger until you are on target and ready to shoot.
- Know your intended target and what’s beyond.
- No loaded firearms unless you are the shooter. The range where the stage is set up is the only area where loaded firearms are allowed and only after instructed to load.
- One shooter per stage at a time.
- Violating the 180 rule automatically disqualifies you for the night.
- Trigger violation (putting your finger on the trigger when you’re not on target and ready to fire) automatically disqualifies you for the night.
- Absolutely zero tolerance for alcohol and drugs before or while shooting.
- Outside the waistband holsters only.
- Holsters must cover the trigger guard completely & be made of a stiff material.
- Clothing must be tucked in. No cover garments.
- No magnified optics.
- At least one extra magazine is required if you’re shooting a semi-auto.
- Mag pouches are optional. Magazines may be carried in a pocket or mag holster.
- Defensive handgun of any caliber is required. Revolvers are allowed but remember, this is a timed event.
- Eye and ear protection is required.
- Close toed shoes required.